cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA TR7020 "Failed to open a connection to the device (-21345)"

cc3
Apprentice

Running Big Sur on Mac Pro.  Out of the blue, printer works fine (AirPrint mode), but when attempting to now scan, I receive the message:  "Failed to open a connection to the device (-21345).  Printer is recognized as default printer in Printers and Scanners and no errors appear.  I cannot find anything online about this error now appearing. (Firewall is disabled as well.) Printer/Scanner is a TR 7020.

11 REPLIES 11

Hello PatrickC

Welcome to The Canon Forums!

We appreciate your participation, though we need to let you know that your product TS5060 appears to be a model that is not supported by our team here at Canon USA. While the community is welcome to chime in, the Canon Community Forum is hosted and moderated within the United States by Canon USA. We are only able to provide support for Canon products manufactured for and used within the US market.

If you live outside the United States, please click HERE and select your country to find support in your part of the world.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

The problem is that canon doesn't support its products unless they're brand new, period. I have both a printer whose scanner I haven't been able to use since getting a newer laptop (discussed here), and a camera with an issues in the lens that Canon won't repair because it's "too old." These items are a decade old or less. Canon promotes a throw-away culture by refusing to fix items, update drivers, or provide support for items their customers purchased a few years ago. It's despicable and the Canon team should be ashamed of themselves. If I was a Canon employee, I'd get my fellow employees together and form a right-to-fix-it initiative to force Canon to service older items. 10 years is not old. You should do your jobs and offer service on these items.  

Announcements