cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA MX870 Falls Off Network Mid-Job

BethKevles
Apprentice

Hi.

My Canon MX870 printer, which is on a Netgear network, has started falling off the network mid-job. I can work around with a USB stick, but would like to fix this if possible. Great little workhorse of a printer until now!

I suspect a hardware issue, but if anyone has suggestions other than "take it to the shop", I'd love to hear.

(Using one Windows 10 computer, one Windows 10 pro computer; same problem on both.)

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

larryc43230
Enthusiast

I had something similar happen. Both my TS8320 and my PIXMA PRO-100 would "stall" in the middle of a print job and never finish. After much troubleshooting and fiddling, I tried rebooting my router. I disconnected the power to the router, waited about 30 seconds, and plugged it back in. It completely resolved the problem with both printers. It might not fix your problem, but it's free to try.

Larry

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

larryc43230
Enthusiast

I had something similar happen. Both my TS8320 and my PIXMA PRO-100 would "stall" in the middle of a print job and never finish. After much troubleshooting and fiddling, I tried rebooting my router. I disconnected the power to the router, waited about 30 seconds, and plugged it back in. It completely resolved the problem with both printers. It might not fix your problem, but it's free to try.

Larry

BethKevles
Apprentice

Thanks. That appears to have resolved the problem. Odd that nothing else on the network was affected, but the printer is, undoubtedly, and elderly workhorse.

Announcements