cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA G7020 - 2 printers. 1 laptop

nicasdreamin
Apprentice

I own 2 Pixma G7020. My former laptop would initially only communicate [wifi] with one or the other, requiring constant "reinstall" when I moved from home to work and/or back.  A Canon tech support rep walked me thru some programming DIRECTLY on the 2nd printer which resolved the issue, and i then successfully set in my laptop settings, one named Home, the other WORK - I'd just select the right one at.point of scan or print.

Got a new Laptop with Windows 11. I'm no longer allowed to call into Canon tech support [unless I pay$$]. Need help!!!

What is it I do to allow laptop to differentiate between the 2 printers? What's the programming on the printer???

Installing both and naming them differently does NOT work.

TIA...

Nica

1 REPLY 1

ArthurJ
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi, 

The router should assign each printer a different ip address. I recommend checking to see if your computer can access the printers remote user interface. To print the network settings page, please click HERE for the steps and you will find the ip address on row 3-2-12. 

Then, open a web browser on your computer, and in the address bar, please type the IP Address on the configuration page into the address bar. Next, tap Go or Enter to access the page. Are you able to see the printer's remote interface?

We look forward to your reply. 

Announcements