cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA G6020 Problem printing from iPhone and iPad

imwondrn
Apprentice

Printing from the desktop is fine. I have done all of the installations on my mobile devices. But when I try to print from my iPhone or iPad, the printer insists that I want to print from the rear feed instead of the front. I can't figure out how to make this work. In the print dialog, I tried Auto and it doesn't work. I manually choose the front and plain paper, but the printer goes to the rear feed and tells me I am out of paper. What can I do?

7 REPLIES 7

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

What printer and what iOS app. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Pixma G6020. The iOS app is the one I was directed to download from the App Store.  Canon Print Inkjet SELPHY.

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

26258D27-2636-4693-B99C-81BD2E29FA2B.png

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Try selecting the option to use paper that is set in printer and load paper only in main tray

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

John, first of all, thank you for trying to help. I wonder where you found the print options that you showed. When trying to print from my phone, I do get an option to use the main supply and to designate plain paper. I haven’t loaded any paper in the rear tray, but I have indicated that it would be filled with glossy photo paper when used. The main tray has been filled with plain paper, and works fine when printing from my desktop. But even after selecting the main tray and plain paper, when I select print on my phone, I can hear the printer trying to get photo paper from the rear, followed by a request to fill it for printing. This is my first Canon printer. I have used Epson printers for many years, but decided to give Canon a try because of the ink solution. I hope I haven’t made a bad choice.

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

It came up when I was working through settings in the print app. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Mullugans2
Apprentice

Same thing here. From both iphone and ipad, iPad OS 15.7, iOS 15.7

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements