cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA G3260 wont connect to wifi.

drjverob
Apprentice

I have a Pixma 3260 connected to my T Mobile wireless.  I had to change out the modem from them for a new one, and now the printer will not connect to it.  It requires a password to gain access to the wifi, but the printer does not ask for a password it just wants to try to connect to the internet.  How do I get it to ask for a password?

1 REPLY 1

JayC1
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi Drjverob! Thanks for posting in the Canon Community Forum. I see that you are unable to connect your Canon PIXMA G3260 to your Wi-Fi because you are not being asked to enter a password.

If you have a router and several extenders, you can try turning off the extenders (by disconnecting their power cables) and leaving only the main router turned on. If you only have one router, then it is very likely that the security for your new router is not compatible with that of the G3260.

Our printers are not compliant with WPA3 security. More than likely, that is the type of security that your router is using. Our printers are compatible with the following types of security:

WPA-PSK (TKIP / AES),

WPA2-PSK (TKIP / AES)

You may have to contact your Internet provider and ask them to change the router’s security type to one that the printer works with. Have them change the router settings so it is only compliant with WPA-PSK (TKIP / AES) and WPA2-PSK (TKIP / AES).

It’s possible that the WPS PIN CODE method may help in your case This connection method requires you to get a PIN CODE from the printer and then access your router’s settings window on a computer to enter the PIN CODE in the appropriate section. If you do not know how to enter a WPS PIN Code in your router’s settings window, you can ask your Internet provider or the router’s manufacturer.

The following link will open the page that contains instructions for the WPS PIN CODE method:

https://support.usa.canon.com/kb/index?page=content&id=ART176532

I hope this information helps. Thanks for choosing Canon.

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements