Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC does not recognize scan function on TR8620 all of a sudden

RobFaulk
Apprentice

Canon TR6800 all in one- 

HP laptop w Windows 10 Version 22H2

Last week I could scan from the PC. Now the PC says I have to add a scanner.  Print function works fine.  It will scan from the printer to the PC, but is sketchy.  I restarted everything multiple times, and downloaded the printdriver and installed again.  

I have had multiple problems with HP printers, and bought this Canon and scrapped my HP printers-- if this doesnt start working-- I am buying a Brother MFP which has never given me any problems for years at my business. 

2 REPLIES 2

Tiffany

Welcome to the forum!

So that the Community can help you better, we will need to know the exact model number in the TR8600 series.  Which version of Windows or macOS are you using? How are you connecting? What is the exact error message? 
Any other details you'd like to give will only help the Community better understand your issue. The forum is not intended for immediate support. If this is a time-sensitive matter, click HERE search our knowledge base or find additional support options HERE

The printer is a TR8620, but the only print driver is TR8600 series. Connected via wifi. Windows 10 v22H2 as i said already.  There is no error message, just a window that says you have to add a scanner, with no way to do that. 

Announcements