cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Image Garden locks up continuously

Frustrated2020
Apprentice

Hello,

I've read so many posts without answers about My Image Garden locking up.  I would like answers to the following questions:

1. Is there a fix for this lockup issue?

2. Is there an easy way to save scanned images straight to Dropbox or my PC?

3. Is there a replacement for My Image Garden

4. Does Canon care?  They wanted to charge me for support.  Ah NO! Fix your software.

12 REPLIES 12

austinja697
Apprentice

I may have just gotten around the issue where the My Image Garden app hangs and can be unresponsive for 30 seconds to as long as several minutes or never in some cases. So I waited and waited and waited until the program loaded and was responsive. I then clicked on tools --> Preferences. I clicked on the "Images Analysis Settings" Tab and unchecked the "Save Image Analysis".

Under the "Advanced Settings", I verified that the directories existed. One did not. The app seems to behave now. As a test, I checked the "Save Image Analysis" and it started hanging again. Unchecked it, and it opens instantly and when I scan a document, the app opens and also displays instantly. So there is some issue with the Image analysis taking an excessive amount of time. So if you don't use the Analysis (Whatever it is) and don't need face recognition, this may solve your issue. Now to do this on my other 3 computers.  

I have the latest version 3.6.4 installed on Windows 10 Home with all 

Dell Inspiron 17" laptop
Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-1065G7 CPU @ 1.30GHz 1.50 GHz
Installed RAM 16.0 GB (15.8 GB usable)
System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
Edition Windows 10 Home
Version 21H2
Installed on ‎2/‎12/‎2021
OS build 19044.1706
Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.4170.0
SSD drive

I hope this helps someone.

Thank you.  It helps with the scanning speed.  I still encounter issues with deleting scanned pictures/documents.  

I just tried deleting a previously scanned document with no issue. It is actually the first time that I had tried that feature. So I do not know if I would have ever had an issue deleting documents prior to making my changes to the preference settings and verifying that all the directories existed. 

Announcements