cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Image Garden locks up continuously

Frustrated2020
Apprentice

Hello,

I've read so many posts without answers about My Image Garden locking up.  I would like answers to the following questions:

1. Is there a fix for this lockup issue?

2. Is there an easy way to save scanned images straight to Dropbox or my PC?

3. Is there a replacement for My Image Garden

4. Does Canon care?  They wanted to charge me for support.  Ah NO! Fix your software.

12 REPLIES 12

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi Frustrated2020,

What model of Canon printer do you own?

What version of Windows is installed on your computer?   If you are using a Mac, what version of OSX is installed?

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Hello,

TR8520 and Windows 10 on a laptop.  I went through the Image Garden upgrade process so it's running 3.6.4.

I had hoped that upgrading to the latest version would fix it but no, it locks up almost everytime I try to use it.

Thank you,

Kimberly aka Frustrated2020

Hi Frustrated2020,

Have you tried using the IJ Scan Utility?

https://ugp01.c-ij.com/ij/webmanual/ScanUtility/W/TR8500%20series/1.1/EN/SU/Top.html

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Hello,

Though I appreciate the alternative method, it seems to me that Canon doesn't care that they put out a very sub-standard software application and doesn't care about the thousands of complaints about it. This really is unacceptable. 

Hi Frustrated2020,

When you attempted to scan using the IJ Scan Utility, did you get an error?  Or were you able to scan?

once I upgrade to version 3  point whatever it's a dead product ...  any other program that can print just a cd label?  or blu label  on the printable side... Just want a blank one where I can add a background or text.  The one that comes off the disk no problem.  Seems to want to download from OneDrive and refuses everything...    

Guess what I blocked one drive and poof it works.  Now why is it freezing up because of that??

Greetings,

You have replied in the middle of a 4 year old topic.  If you need assistance. Please start a new thread.  It should include the model of your Canon product, the operating system version and build you are using it with, and a description of your issue.  We will be happy to try and assist you.  Thank you in advance.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.7.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Canon Printer Model: TR8520

Windows 10 Home, Version 1903, OS Build: 18362.900

Announcements