My cannon printer will not stay connected to the internet. when it is connected it only prints a small portion of the page and then disconnects, I am not sure what to do! my computer has windows 8.
Disabling the IPv6 setting on the printer may resolve the wireless connection issue being experienced. To do this, please follow these steps from the printer's operation panel:
1. Press the SETUP button on the printer.
2. Press the arrow button until DEVICE SETTINGS appears. Press OK.
3. Press the arrow buttons until LAN SETTINGS appears. Press OK.
4. Press the arrow buttons until OTHER SETTINGS appears. Press OK.
5. Press the arrow buttons until TCP/IP SETTINGS appears. Press OK.
6. Press the arrow buttons to select IPv6. Press OK. A message will scroll across the screen. Press OK.
7. Press OK on ENABLE/DISABLE IPv6.
8. Press the arrow buttons to select INACTIVE. Press OK.
If you still experience difficulty, we ask that you please call 1-866-261-9362, Monday - Friday 10:00 a.m. - 10:00 p.m. ET (excluding holidays) for further assistance. A Canon technical support representative will be happy to help. There is no charge for this call.
These instructions made no difference to the operation (or lack of operation) to this printer. I had a Canon years ago, then bought an HP. Needed another printer so I thought I'd buy this. Terrible. The setup fails 90% of the time, keeps looking network connection. This printer was a good price, but at the rate I keep having trouble with it, it should have been free.
"Failed to perform cableless setup. Suspend the process and select other setup method by following the instructions on the screens."
How many times does one have to go through this with it working 1% of the time?
I am having the exact same issue. If it were not because I already threw out the box this junk came in, I would have taken it back and gotten an EPSON. I have been setting up WLAN printers now for 5 years and never had an issue. I will be placing reviews for this piece of junk everywhere.