cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MacAir running 12.6.2 Monterey can't find GX6021 drivers

Joeydav
Apprentice

Hello everyone - hoping I'm in the right place.

Purchased a Canon GX6021. Networked fine with my HP Envy and my wife's MacBook Pro. My kid's MacAir is being a little difficult. I've installed and ran the install software at the ij.start.canon site and installed updated drivers manually. Each time I get stuck on the screen that says 'find software' and can never advance from these because the setup won't find the software.

Trying to install the printer on the Air manually is also futile. Does anyone know of a solution?  Thank you!

4 REPLIES 4

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

@Joeydav wrote:

Hello everyone - hoping I'm in the right place.

Purchased a Canon GX6021. Networked fine with my HP Envy and my wife's MacBook Pro. My kid's MacAir is being a little difficult. I've installed and ran the install software at the ij.start.canon site and installed updated drivers manually. Each time I get stuck on the screen that says 'find software' and can never advance from these because the setup won't find the software.

Trying to install the printer on the Air manually is also futile. Does anyone know of a solution?  Thank you!

I'll ask just because it was an issue for someone else - you did click on Find Software?

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, M200, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, Lr Classic

Thanks for replying - yes, I did. It searches for several minutes before setting back to the same window to search for software. If I select a manual search, ‘Canon’ is never an option.

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

I looked at the canon support site and there is no driver listed for Monterey. There is for Big Sur. What OS is on the MacBook Pro?

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, M200, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, Lr Classic

Thanks - the MacBook Pro is also on Monteray

click here to view the gallery
Announcements