cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mac laptop won't connect to PIXMA G7020

anikegoddess
Apprentice

My Mac laptop will not connect to my canon printer.  The printer is connected to the router fine, but when I go to print - stating offline.  Also the don't see the blue light on the device.  Worked fine a week ago.  I have also updated frameware.

6 REPLIES 6

Danny

Thanks for joining the conversation, anikegoddess!

So that the Community can help you better, we need to know exactly which Canon printer model you're using within the PIXMA G7000 series.  The model number should be on the front of the printer just above the yellow ink tank.

It would also help us to know which version of macOS is running on your laptop. That, and any other details you'd like to give will help the Community better understand your issue!

If this is a time-sensitive matter, click HERE search our knowledge base or find additional support options HERE.

Thanks and have a great day!

its a G7020.  Mac M2 soma 14.6.2.  I deleted printer and now unable to reinstall

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

This should solve your offline issue.

Perform the connection steps to get your printer connected to your router.  If you need instructions for this, we will need to know the model of your device as Danny requested.  

Next log into the admin portal of your router.  Set, reserve or assign a static IP address for the printer.  Note this IP address.  

Now return to your MAC.  Apple menu > System Preferences > Printers and Scanners.

Remove the printer (-) minus icon.  Restart your Mac.  Open the Printers and Scanners dialog.  Add the printer.  Important This time however, add it as an IP printer.  Specify the IP address you reserved for the printer on your router.  This will ensure your computer uses the same destination IP you assigned.  It will never change since you have told the router to always assign this IP to the printer.   

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.7.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

I wish I got to you earlier.  I ended up deleting the printer and tried to re-added, but now unable to add.  

NO, not able to add as IP printer - no communication to printer.  I notice the printer blue LD light not on.  Its the hardware on the printer, it connects to the router, but the pc nor my iPhone can communicate to it

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Log into your router's admin portal.  Look at the list of attached devices.  What is the IP address it has assigned to the printer.  if you don't see it in the list, its not connected.

Next question.  Are you using a mesh system or hardware in addition to the modem or router provided by your ISP?

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.7.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Announcements