cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mac OS Sonoma 14.0 / Compatibility with Print Studio Pro and Print & Layout

EduardoAlemao
Enthusiast

New Mac OS today. Any thoughts? 

Wonder if Print Studio Pro / Print & Layout plugins will run properly....?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

SRbaumbach
Contributor

Canon just released Print Studio Pro 1.3.8 dated 9/16/23 and it works fine.  Thanks Canon IT for a quick fix as print jobs were piling up.

View solution in original post

25 REPLIES 25

SRbaumbach
Contributor

You would think that Canon would hit the ground running for at least one of these MAC OS upgrades.  I have 4 large format printers, lots of business but a crap program.  Canon get off your keyster and fix this.  Sonoma issue is the memory dialogue after one print.  I have PLENTY of memory. 

That's right. Memory and some Error when sendig files....

AnnWFoxPoint
Contributor

After installing the latest version of PP&L and the most current print driver I find that all I have to do is force quit the Print Manager between prints, not the main app.  I can print multiple pages if I sent them all out under the same print command.  I am able to get my work done this way.

That method works great - thanks !

Rachelsn
Contributor

I updated to Mac Sonoma without realising the problems I've had with PP&L when I have done this in the past. There is no way around it until Canon updates the driver/ software. 

The only way it works for me is if I have only one file open at a time in Photoshop and when I open PP&L, I send it to print (the memory message appears) I shut PP&L down and repeat the process and it may work on the third or fourth try. It's absolutely ridiculous and is making things take 3x as long 😞 

Shoot123
Apprentice

I am new to Canon printing and have a P300 out of the box. I also have Sonoma and am a sometimes MAC OS beta tester. My machine is a M1x laptop, fully up to date with PS 2024. The Canon Professional Print & Layout has bugs connecting to Adobe and printing as a stand alone app. The PS menu shows the script to launch the print app, but does not work. I have not been able to find the script yeat, god knows where Canon put it. It isn't with the other scripts. I can also use the PP&L app stand alone for one print at a time. The PP&L print monitor has a bug handing memory and blows up trying to do a 2nd print with a memory message. I force quit the Canon Print Monitor and can do another print with the PP&L app. This is a Canon app/driver(s) bug, not an Apple or an Adobe problem. Please clean it up, Canon.

Always use PP&L stand alone.  This way when Adobe or any other software package changes, you won't be left out in the cold.

SRbaumbach
Contributor

Canon just released Print Studio Pro 1.3.8 dated 9/16/23 and it works fine.  Thanks Canon IT for a quick fix as print jobs were piling up.

Actually, no. The only pro300 printer version for PP&L listed on the Canon support page for Mac OS14 is v1.3.6 dated 9/24/23, which is what I have installed. Looks like my comment for Canon to clean it up still stands.

Actually yes.  Go to ANY printer in the Pro series.  I run Pro 1000, 2000, 4000 and 6100s.  Pick one of these and download.  Running fine here.  Give it a try.

click here to view the gallery
Announcements