Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MP495 to wifi from USB

mars1100
Apprentice

Hello all,

I was wondering if someone could help.

I have had my MP495 for quite sometime now and originally set it up via usb to my pc.

Well times change and kids grow old and want to use the printer from their tablets phones and so on.

My question is, HOw do I change over to wifi? I know I have to connect my entire wireless system via ethernet and usb to the router in order to make the change but beyond that I can't find information on how to make that change. I can only find information on how to setup wireless as a new install which it is not.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Mike

Windows Vista PC

Toshiba Canvio Cloud 2TB

Pixma MP495.

5 REPLIES 5

jfo
Rising Star

Hi Mike,

I'd suggest going ahead and try setting up the printer as a "new install" using the wireless set-up instructions.  If you're sure that you're going to go with wifi, there's nothing harmful about the fact that you've already installed it once via USB; at worse, some steps might be redundant with stuff you're already done. 

Hey jfo,

Thanks for your input. I was thinking along those lines but wont I lose my pictures when I uninstall the software?

Are these pictures stored/organized via Canon software? (if so, which program?). Or just pictures you have on your computer?

I have all of my pictures stored in "Canon Utilities"  Zoom Browser EX .

hmm, maybe forgo uninstalling or changing anything having to do with Zoom Browser, then?  I think Zoom Browser would be able to print without needing to be directly part of the installation of the printer via wifi.  Once the printer is back up and running (connected to wifi), you should just be able to tell Zoom Browser to print just like normal.

Announcements