cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MG6320 Driver Not Found for Windows 11

FishDoc
Apprentice

Please help, my new laptop with Windows 11 won't install the driver for a Pixma MG6320 printer.  PC connects to the printer but isn't installing the driver.  It displays a message that the driver isn't found.  In the Device Manager the printer is displayed, and it says it is working properly.  After installation the computer can operate the scanner for the printer but can't print because it won't install a driver.  Tried a variety of methods and even had Dell techs remotely connect to the laptop but nothing has worked.  Canon website says the MG6320 works with Windows 11 but their online help no longer supports this model.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I tried one more approach prior to normadel trying suggestion.

SInce the new laptop did not have a CD/DVD drive, I copied the factory disk that came with the printer to a portable hard drive and then ran the install program from the portable hard drive.  Everything worked and I can now print and scan to the new laptop.

Thank you for the suggested solution normadel, if the factory disk install did not work this was my next approach.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

normadel
Authority
Authority

Try installing the driver with Windows' "Driver Signature Enforcement" function disabled temporarily. 

This shows you how:  

Easy Ways to Disable Driver Signature Enforcement on Windows 11 (isunshare.com)

I tried one more approach prior to normadel trying suggestion.

SInce the new laptop did not have a CD/DVD drive, I copied the factory disk that came with the printer to a portable hard drive and then ran the install program from the portable hard drive.  Everything worked and I can now print and scan to the new laptop.

Thank you for the suggested solution normadel, if the factory disk install did not work this was my next approach.

normadel
Authority
Authority

Good point. There are application installers that do not run from non-local locations, like a network drive , and maybe a CD. The installation media has to be copied to the local computer (including an attached hard drive.

Videokat
Apprentice

Try downloading and installing the driver set for Windows 10. It seems to work.

Announcements