cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MG3620 suddenly doesn't print well with my 2017 Dell laptop

prosew
Contributor

I share this one-year-old MG3620 printer with husband who is having no problems with print quality from his four-year old laptop. My Dell is from 2017. I have deleted the printer and  reinstalled with a new driver with same poor print quality. My computer repair guy is thinking that my computer may be getting too old to communicate. Another clue is that this is a wireless printer, but now when I need to scan, I must plug in my computer to get it to connect. Otherwise "no scanners are detected."  Before I buy a new laptop, does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks.

8 REPLIES 8

ArthurJ
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi,

You can try moving the laptop closer to the printer and router. This should help the laptop communicate with the printer better. If the issue persists on your laptop but your husbands is still fine, then it most likely is a issue with your laptop. 

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Dear Arthur,

Thanks for your reply. I have moved within 2 feet of the printer with the cable connected to the printer, but same poor quality results. I did take my laptop into the office at work and conected to the HP office printer like I normally would. I was able to get clear printing there. That printer is about 4 years old, I believe. My Canon home printer is one year old. A new observation this morning at home, after being at worksite yesterday, was that I was able to clearly print a photo within an email. I was hopeful, so I tried another pdf document, but again, poor print quality. It's an frustrating enigma!

Hi,

Open the control panel on your computer, and then select View Devices and Printers. Once you are there, let me know if there is more than one copy of the printer listed. It could be possible there was a issue with a previous driver that was installed and even though you reinstalled the printer, the computer never selected the newer driver installed for when you print. 

We look forward to your reply. 

I have followed your instructions. There are two Canon printer devices. One is Canon MG3600 Printer (Copy 1) which is the Default. The other is Canon 3600 Printer XPS, which is Offline.

My husband shows same Default as mine, but his additional Offline printer is Canon MG3600 Printer WS, for what that information is worth.

Thanks so much for your continued help.

The default printer is set up as a wireless printer.Also, we redownloaded the MG3600 series full driver and software package (Windows) dated June 28, 2022.

Also, the driver software was downloaded off the Canon USA Driver Support website.

Dear Arthur,

We have discovered a curious situation. Would appreciate your opinion. Apparently, when printing greyscale vs. printing color, there is a poor result with the greyscale, but the color prints clearly. When I printed from an Open Office "power point" type program, both color and greyscale print clearly. Printing from Outlook in greyscale is where we are seeing the problem. Printing from Outlook in color seems to print clearly. This is the situation with my laptop only. We share the printer.

Hi,

Hi,

It sounds like one program is sending over information to the printer differently compared to the other. Since there is no issue with other devices and power point does not have a issue printing grayscale, it looks to narrowed down to the Outlook program itself in this case.  

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Announcements