cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MG 5220. My printer no longer connects on my wireless internet to print from my computer.

jimmydean
Apprentice

I have a MG 5220 that used to connect to my belkin wireless internet and worked perfectly with my computer.  Lately I've had a hard time keeping it connected to my wifi. It doesn't seem to recognize my main connection for more than 10 seconds.  It only finds my guest access which comes from the same router or my neighbors internet. This makes no sense to me.  I have also connected the printer directly with a USB cable to my Belkin router, but haven't figured out how to use it that way either. Can anyone help, or do I need to return this printer? Thanks in advance.  Jimmy

2 REPLIES 2

jimmydean
Apprentice
I am running a Dell with Windows 7 to connect to printer but the printer won't stay on the wifi like a previous question I saw.

MarkII
Rising Star

Hi jimmydean,

Based on what you describe, this sounds like an issue with the router.  It could be a setting or configuration issue on your Belkin.  The printer's network adapter is working since it can see and connect to other networks.  Of course, since the connection is dropping, you might be dealing with some interference as well.

First, I recommend contacting Belkin to ensure that the router is configured properly to allow the printer's connection to your primary network.  Also, feel free to Contact Us so we can walk you through some steps to isolate the cause of this issue.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements