cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MF743CDw stop working on my PC

GreverPGSol
Apprentice

Greetings Cannon Community,

I'm having an issue with my printer (Color imageCLASS MF743Cdw), which was working until Monday via WiFi.

1.- I already uninstall and reinstall the drivers but on the network selection step the IP doesn't show up.
2.- When I ping it I'm having packet loss on best cases or it says the host is unreachable.
3.- It's correctly setting up on the Network because my co-worker next to me can print normally.
4.- Disable the firewall but no luck.
5.- Run the troubleshooter but nothing seems to work.
6.- The only way that I could print was by setting up the drivers via USB, but this cause that my co-worker couldn't print anymore...

Any help would be appreciated.

Best regards.

3 REPLIES 3

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

If the printer is connected to the wireless network, and other devices can PING its IP and print to it successfully, the issue is with your system or network and not your Canon product.  

Maybe you can determine what is different between your system and your work colleague's who is able to print successfully.  This might be the operating system, software environment, network connectivity, IPv6, user account, permissions, 3rd pary applications, etc.

Have you confirmed your system can PING other devices or resources on your network?  I'd start there.  

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Greetings,

Yes, I can ping my co-worker's computer and other computers on the network as well. Except for the printer.

Hello GrevorPGSol, If you are having problems pinging the printer's address and you get destination host unreachable messages, it would point to a problem with network communication. I would start by unplugging the router from the power for 5 seconds and then plugging it back in. Once the network is back up, you can try pinging the printer's ip address to see if the results improve. If they do, you can try running the network setup for the printer again to see if it can find the printer over the network. If the computer is still unable to locate the printer over the network and complete the setup, I would suggest contacting our support team at 1-800-652-2666. Our agents would be happy to check and see what is going on with the network connection between your computer and the printer.
Announcements