cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MF632 suddenly stops printing and/or scanning

kfdoser
Apprentice

Hi - 

I have an Imageclass MF632cdw.  Running Windows 11 V21H2.  Basic home network, Netgear Nighthawk 1900.  In the last two months, my printer has suddenly stopped connecting/talking to the computer. I will get error messages saying the printer/scanner isn't connected to the computer. Sometimes both the printer and scanning software won't connect to the computer.  Sometimes it will print, but the scanner won't connect to the computer.  I've checked and allowed my canon equipment on my three security pieces (Malware bytes, SuperAnti-Spyware and Windows Firewall).  I can get it working again, but can't quite figure out what is making that happen - because the process is different every time.  The printer is USB connected to the computer on a private network.  I've had the same problem when it was connected wirelessly.  I haven't tried connecting directly to the Nighthawk - will probably try that next once I get a long enough cat5 cable.  I'm assuming this is either a Windows 11 thing, or network thing.  I've also changed all the cables connecting to power and the computer, as well as trying different USB ports, just in case it was a weird hardware issue.  I've tried so many things, I'm starting to get a bit lost on this and hoping someone else has dealt with this and has recommendations.

Any help or suggestions are greatly appreciated!

Kristie

2 REPLIES 2

Hector
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello Kfdoser,

If the connection is sporadic, it will usually point to a connection issue. If you are switching between a network connection and USB connection and you are still having the same issue, I would suggest uninstalling the drivers for the MF632 and the reinstalling them.

You can disconnect the printer from the computer and then begin the uninstall. You can press the Windows key and the letter R key at the same time on your keyboard. In the run box that appears, you can type in appwiz.cpl and click OK. In the window that comes up, you can select the MF632 drivers and then click on uninstall. 

Once the uninstallation is complete, you can download and install the [Windows 64bit] MF634Cdw/MF632Cdw MFDrivers (Generic Plus UFR II / Generic FAX / ScanGear) from the link HERE. During the install, you can select the USB option for the setup and then connect the cable once the setup direct to to reconnect the cable.

If you continue to have issues, I would suggest contacting support at 1-800-652-2666. Our agents would be happy to help.

kfdoser
Apprentice

Thanks!  I've uninstalled everything and reinstalled, this time connecting as a network printer.  I had been connecting as USB direct and continued to have problems, but I'll see if this sticks.

Announcements