cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MF 726 cdw stopped connecting to wifi

Haykay
Apprentice
Printer was connected to WiFi and to desktop by usb. Everything worked. Printed from several different iPads and an android phone. Now suddenly it will not connect to WiFi and the settings have not changed. I have tried numerous times to reconnect. I have turned the printer off and disconnected the power supply. Nothing seems to work. It says it can’t find access point.
5 REPLIES 5

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

While possible, its not usually a good idea to use two different connection types.  Pick one,  USB, ethernet or wireless.

The latter 2 will give you the most options allowing any device connecting to the same network the ability to print.

Wireless:

The printer can only connect to a 2.4Ghz broadcast.  Have you verified a 2.4 Ghz network is available? 

What troubleshooting steps have you performed?

Have you restarted the router?

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.7.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Darius
Whiz

Hi Haykay.

If the router has been changed or reset, you will need to perform the wireless setup once more.  If the MF726Cdw is unable to see your network during the wireless setup, double-check that your access point is set to broadcast its presence; refer to the Access Point's documentation and support.

If this answered your question, please click the Accept as Solution button, so others might find the answer.

Haykay
Apprentice
I have restarted the router. Shut the printer off. Unplugged it. Plugged it back in and turned it on. Still won’t find the router access point. It has 2.4 GHz. I have re run the wireless setup more times than I can count. It will randomly connect and print something then I try to print 5 minutes later and it won’t connect. So I go through the whole set up again and it doesn’t work. I have reset everything more times than I can count. Most of the time it doesn’t work, then randomly someone tries to print and it works, even though I gave up trying to connect the wireless and it said it wasn’t connected when I left it. I’m about to go Office Space on it.

Hi Haykay.

Damage caused by percussive maintenance is not covered by the warranty.

Try moving the printer or router so that they're both at least ~ 2 ft apart.  If they're too close, it can cause signal noise (like they're shouting at each other without listening).

Something else to try is to enable the printer's Direct Connect mode, and check if the computer can find the printer's broadcast network.  If the printer's Direct Connect network can be found, then the printer's WiFi components are working correctly, and the problem is somewhere in the router settings, or something is intefereing with the wifi between the printer and the router.  You may also want to double-check that the router hasn't been set to blacklist the printer.

If you're unable to move the printer and router apart, you can try using a direct Ethernet connection (Cat 5e or 6 cord).  Directions for connecting to a wired network may be found HERE in the online manual.

If this answered your question, please click the Accept as Solution button, so others might find the answer.

Haykay
Apprentice
And the router is less than 6 percent inches from the printer.
click here to view the gallery
Announcements