cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LBP6030w and BP6230w AirPrint Issues

relolley
Apprentice

Neither of my wireless laser printers show up on any of my iPhones when I try to print from them. Apple support was of no use. Both of these printers were listed on Canon's website after conducting a search for "Laser AirPrint". Both printers show up on my network.

Is there a work around to get these to show up on iPhones?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Patrice
Whiz

Hi relolley.

I can provide more information about your inquiry.

Both printers support printing from iOS devices; however, it is when you are using the Canon PRINT Business App for iOS. They do not support printing with Apple AirPrint. It is unclear where you saw that these printers supported this feature, but I was able to check the product page for each printer and it shows that printing is supported using the app.

LBP6030w - View Details

LBP6230dw - View Details

The Canon PRINT Business App can be downloaded, free of charge, from the Apple App Store. For more information about the app, please click the link below:

Canon PRINT Business - iOS

Please let us know if we can be of any further assistance.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Patrice
Whiz

Hi relolley.

I can provide more information about your inquiry.

Both printers support printing from iOS devices; however, it is when you are using the Canon PRINT Business App for iOS. They do not support printing with Apple AirPrint. It is unclear where you saw that these printers supported this feature, but I was able to check the product page for each printer and it shows that printing is supported using the app.

LBP6030w - View Details

LBP6230dw - View Details

The Canon PRINT Business App can be downloaded, free of charge, from the Apple App Store. For more information about the app, please click the link below:

Canon PRINT Business - iOS

Please let us know if we can be of any further assistance.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Since there is no "Accept as Solution button" appearing  on the page, I will, instead, use a reply to say Thank You and this did solve my issue. No further responses are required.

could you please tell me how did we have to proceed for print i downloaded the software but still not able to find printer

Hi yona1981.

On Mac OS, after installing the Canon drivers, open the Printers list and click on the + at the bottom.  If a context menu extends from it, select Add New Printer or Scanner.  In the Add window, select the entry for the printer, then ensure the correct driver (typically UFR II) is selected in the Use drop-down. Then click Add at the bottom of the window to add the printer.

philtate64
Apprentice

Now it's 2022 and I just bought the 6230dw expecting it to work with my iMac and iPhone. Had I done more research I would have bought a different printer. Took me all day to get the driver installed, finally, from the web site, and now I discover that it doesn't support AirPrint. The Canon app is no solution at all. Hire some software engineers, will you?

Jcorstvet
Apprentice

I just received and set up a new Canon LBP6230dw printer. I'm really disappointed to discover it does not do Apple AirPrint.  What a bummer. I will be waiting for a firmware update that will fix that serious problem.

Announcements