cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is the PIXMA MG5220 software compatible with the PIXMA TS6420?

parmour
Contributor

I was wondering if any of my software/utilities from my Canon PIXMA MG5220 ( best printer I ever had) will work with my new printer a Canon TS6420.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

The drivers for the 2 printers are not interchangeable.  In some cases their support applications used for productivity or creativity can work similarly or side by side depending on the printer's feature sets.  

If the software from the old printer is not offered with the new device, it might not work as expected or be compatible.

Some canon software only works with specific devices.  You are welcome to try non-driver related software with another device but understand It may or may not work as expected.  

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.7.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

The drivers for the 2 printers are not interchangeable.  In some cases their support applications used for productivity or creativity can work similarly or side by side depending on the printer's feature sets.  

If the software from the old printer is not offered with the new device, it might not work as expected or be compatible.

Some canon software only works with specific devices.  You are welcome to try non-driver related software with another device but understand It may or may not work as expected.  

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.7.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Thanks Shadowsports.

Announcements