cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installation Failure (TR4500) - after connecting

cjcornell
Contributor

There's nothing more maddening to a user that jumping through all sorts of troubleshooting hoops - only to finally fget to the end and get 'failure"

in this case - after hours of trying to REinstall and get my TR4500 working again -- I finally get the software to list my printer by serial number (which means it recognizes it and is communicating via wifi - something I am rejoicing over - even though this was the normal condition for 2-3 years!.... I click on my printer for the final step and get "Installation Failure:  Click [back to top] and restart the setup, Of course I tried to do this endless loop more times than Bill Murray in Groundhog day - and still get the same, cryptic, non-helpful response.

The printer actually worked before Canon made be reinstall the software (as part of troubleshooting - because all of a sudden it would not scan via the software control panel.)  Now I cannot do anything ...

Nice.

1 REPLY 1

Tiffany

Welcome to the forum!

So that the Community can help you better, we will need to know the exact PIXMA printer model number in the TR4500 series. Which version of Windows or macOS are you using? Any other details you'd like to give will only help the Community better understand your issue.  If this is a time-sensitive matter, click HERE search our knowledge base or find additional support options HERE

Thank you

click here to view the gallery
Announcements