cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IP7250 WiFi Printing

CabecaBranca
Apprentice

G'day chaps/chapesses

Have a feeling this is a well trodden path, but so far not found a solution on this forum or elsewhere.

So, if we are sitting comfortably...

IP7250, initially worked fine both USB and WiFi.  It's not new, but has had very little use.  

Changed location, new router, no wifi.  Went back to old router, still no WiFi.

Connects via WPS and light is solid.  Printing network setup via printer button shows connection, but no IP.

Have tried it via DHCP and manual, no difference.

This is on a range of PC's and lappys and at least three routers.    

Last night for no apparent reason, nothing had been changed, the IJ network tool found it, assigned an IP and everything was perfect, could chat via the IP on a web page, print and everything else one likes to do.

Go to bed happy.  Switch on this morning, and I probably don't need to tell you...

Back to no WiFi printing.

It is currently on a lappy with a new, clean W10 installation.

Any and all suggestions, preferably not involving the use of a large hammer gratefully received.

Paul

2 REPLIES 2

Hector
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello CabecaBranca,

If the printer was working on the network the night before and is not working in the morning, it will usually point to a problem communicating over the network. I would suggest g the router from the power for about 5 seconds and then trying to print again when the network is back up.

If you stil not able to print, you can print a network page to see if the printer still has an active connection and an IP address. If the connection is inactive, you can try reconnecting using the IJ network tool or using WPS. If the connection is active but, there is no IP address, you can try turning the router off and on again to see if it assigns an address using DHCP.

If the printer still has inactive connection or no IP address after trying to connect, you can try moving the printer closer to the router to improve the signal.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Hector

"Working the night before"  was a one off, I had changed nothing but for some reason it picked up an IP and worked, then next day it just stopped working.  I have tried it on WPS, and with the Network Tool and it does not pick up an IP, either DHCP or manually assigning one.  The printer is physically about 18" from the router.  I've temporarily disabled firewall etc but nothing sorts it.  This has been the same on 3 PC's/laptops. 

Works perfectly on USb, but it doesn't show up on either IP or MAC scanners.  Printing out the network settings from the printer buttons shows everything OK apart from a blank IP.  It lights up the network light on the front panel as soon as it is switched on, so it is seeing the network, it is just not getting an IP.  Ive tried with and without security, different passwords and everything but a human sacrifice in the attempt to get it working. 

Looking like it's probably just dodgy Canon software, never been a firmware update for this model as far as I can see. 

So barring some miracle, I am thinking I'm stuck with USB printing. 

Anyway, thanks for taking the time to reply.

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements