cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IJ Scan Utility2 not working after upgrading to Mac OS Sonoma 14 with CanoScan LiDE 220

AreaMan
Apprentice

After upgrading my Mac to the latest operating system on Sep 30, 2023 (Mac OS Sonoma 14), my CanoScan LiDE 220 using IJ Scan Utility would not save scans.  The error message I received after the machine conducted the scan and attempted to save it reads: "An internal error has occurred.  Take the following measures.  Check the scanner status.  Restart the scanner.  Restart the computer, then try again.  Reinstall the scanner driver.  Code: 10,202,3."

I installed the updated driver via the Canon support site to "Canon IJ Scan Utility2 version 2.4.0", but this did not change the behavior.

Help!

Error messageError message

Software versionSoftware version

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

It looks like the latest date for SUIJ2 is 2021, so that is several macOS updates ago.

If you don't get a resolution for the software issue you could look into VueScan by Hamrick Software. It is a paid product, but that product "rescues" many older scanners. I am using a Minolta scanner that was last supported with Windows XP on my W10 PC via VueScan.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, M200, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, Lr Classic

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15

As of October 9, 2023, I do not see the IJ Scan Utility Lite as an available download for my CanoScan LiDE 220 running on macOS Sonoma 14.0.  Is there a compatibility issue?

Yes, I don't see it on the download page for that model. There is the ScanGear Starter EX Ver.1.2.0 (Mac) application that you might want to give it a try. Also the Image Capture app on you mac should work.

marklaff
Apprentice

I'm on Macbook Pro M2 running MacOS Sonoma V14.0 and when I go to the support page (https://www.usa.canon.com/support/p/pixma-mx920-mx922) and look for "Drivers" I see the message "There is no driver for the OS Version you selected. The driver may be included in your OS or you may not need a driver."

When I open the Mac Settings / Printers & Scanners / Add a Printer, Scanner ... I don't see my printer as an option.

The Canon IJ Network Tool cannot detect my printer on the network.

Help!

Hi, marklaff.

If you haven't already, we suggest printing the LAN details page to verify your printer is connected to the same network as your Macbook Pro. You'll find a helpful article with steps on how to complete this process HERE.

Thanks for the suggestion. I've confirmed that the printer and the laptop are on the same SSID.  Further, I can connect to the printer and print successfully if I use the "IP" tab in the Add Printer dialog, and specify the IP address: 

marklaff_0-1698263788166.png

Unfortunately, there doesn't seem to be a way to add a scanner by IP address

umtinc
Apprentice

I have exactly the same problem with my PIXMA MG7120, but it's now December 30, at least 2 months after the Sonoma version 14.1.1 was released. Why does it take over 2 months to fix this? Why hasn't Canon placed some sort of notification on its website about what appears to be a problem with  Sonoma 14.1.1 with multiple Canon products? The only way I found out was by having my computer telling me that the update was incompatible when I tried to download it. My loss of the scanning function created major problems for me, forcing me to fax documents that I could no longer scan and upload.

Announcements