cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IJ Scan Utility2 not working after upgrading to Mac OS Sonoma 14 with CanoScan LiDE 220

AreaMan
Apprentice

After upgrading my Mac to the latest operating system on Sep 30, 2023 (Mac OS Sonoma 14), my CanoScan LiDE 220 using IJ Scan Utility would not save scans.  The error message I received after the machine conducted the scan and attempted to save it reads: "An internal error has occurred.  Take the following measures.  Check the scanner status.  Restart the scanner.  Restart the computer, then try again.  Reinstall the scanner driver.  Code: 10,202,3."

I installed the updated driver via the Canon support site to "Canon IJ Scan Utility2 version 2.4.0", but this did not change the behavior.

Help!

Error messageError message

Software versionSoftware version

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

It looks like the latest date for SUIJ2 is 2021, so that is several macOS updates ago.

If you don't get a resolution for the software issue you could look into VueScan by Hamrick Software. It is a paid product, but that product "rescues" many older scanners. I am using a Minolta scanner that was last supported with Windows XP on my W10 PC via VueScan.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, M200, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, Lr Classic

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

It looks like the latest date for SUIJ2 is 2021, so that is several macOS updates ago.

If you don't get a resolution for the software issue you could look into VueScan by Hamrick Software. It is a paid product, but that product "rescues" many older scanners. I am using a Minolta scanner that was last supported with Windows XP on my W10 PC via VueScan.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, M200, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, Lr Classic

Canon IJ Scan Utility2 version 2.4.1 has been released on 2023-10-05. Installed (after first trying update driver) and ot worked!

Where did you find it?

I found it on the Hungarian site. Found it on USA site as well:

https://www.usa.canon.com/support/p/canoscan-lide-220

In "Software & Drivers", the first 2 entries are IJ Scan Utility2 Ver.2.4.1 (Mac) and ICA Driver Ver.5.0.0 (Mac) after selecting Sonoma v14.

Oddly enough, I could only see the drivers when using Chrome.  When using Firefox, the button that said "Click to download" in the little chat window, didn't seem to do anything, and the page was missing a downloads section.

Gussenstadt
Apprentice

I do face exactly the same problem with both my Maxify 2300 and 5100. Did anyone find a solution?

jeffk8900
Apprentice

I also updated my Mac to the new Sonoma operating system. I got the same error. I was able to scan using the IJ Scan Utility Lite Ver.4.1.0 (Mac) utility that one can download from the same page as the Canon IJ Scan Utility2 download. Using the Lite version allowed me to scan. A second solution is to use the image capture application on your mac to run the scanner. 

Thanks for the hint with Scan Utility Ver. 4.1 --> it works on my site as well.

Still, I hope that Canon realize the problem and fix it in the next release of their driver or software package.

Announcements