cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to apply Auto Crop to remove white borders for IJ Scan Utility on Mac Sonoma

EugeneZ
Apprentice

Hello,

Is there a way to apply auto crop of scanned documents for IJ Scan Utility on Mac Sonoma to have scanned documents without white borders?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi,

You can make sure the paper type is set to auto scan so it will match the paper size you are scanning. Please click HERE for information on where this option is located. 

This should match the paper size scanned and not treat it like a set paper size which would then add a border. 

Also, you can click HERE for more information about using the cropping option in IJ Scan Utility Lite. 

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

If the issue persists, I recommend you reach out to Canon support. Our team will be able to assist you in real time with this matter. You will need to register your Canon gear HERE to access additional support options.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Stephen

Hello!
So that the Community can help you better, we will need to know more information:
• What is the exact model printer you're using (it's usually on the top or front of the unit)?

Any other details you'd like to give will only help the Community better understand your issue.

If you're in the United States, and this is an urgent support need, please click HERE to visit your My Canon Account to discover your personalized support options.

If you're outside the USA, please click HERE to find support options in your country.

Thanks, and have a great day!

Hello Stephen,

I'm using CanoScan Lide 400 scanner.

I just would like to know how to have scanner to save images of the actual size to the Mac Pro laptop.

As when I was using this scanner on the Windows 11 PC it was straightforward and it was saving auto-cropped images on my Windows machine automatically.

Now when it comes to Mac, I'm not sure which setting I need to use in the software to have it to crop the images automatically, otherwise it just saves them in full A4 size with lot of white borders.

EugeneZ
Apprentice

Hello guys!

Hi,

You can make sure the paper type is set to auto scan so it will match the paper size you are scanning. Please click HERE for information on where this option is located. 

This should match the paper size scanned and not treat it like a set paper size which would then add a border. 

Also, you can click HERE for more information about using the cropping option in IJ Scan Utility Lite. 

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

If the issue persists, I recommend you reach out to Canon support. Our team will be able to assist you in real time with this matter. You will need to register your Canon gear HERE to access additional support options.

Announcements