cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Failure to connect to wireless network with Pixma MG5720 printer.

aerodjb
Apprentice

Replaced my wireless router from Century Link to T-Mobile 5G.  When I go through the steps of setting up new wireless router (Wireless LAN setup), my Pixma MG5720 recognizes the name of the new router but does not connect.  It also does not ask me to enter my new passcode for the wi-fi router.  This is odd because when I scroll down to another router name (I'm guessing this router is recognizing some of my neighbors router names because of the strong wi-fi signal), I hit the "OK" button and it asks for the passcode.  Why does it ask for the passcode for my neighbors wi-fi and not mine?  I just got to make it past this step to gain wifi access for my printer.

All my other wifi devices have connected to the new T-Mobile router...why can't my printer?

Thanks for any help that can be provided.

2 REPLIES 2

cherry54698
Contributor

@aerodjb wrote:

Replaced my wireless router from Century Link to T-Mobile 5G.  When I go through the steps of setting up new wireless router (Wireless LAN setup), my Pixma MG5720 recognizes the name of the new router but does not connect.  It also does not ask me to enter my new passcode for the wi-fi router.  This is odd because when I scroll down to another router name (I'm guessing this router is recognizing some of my neighbors router names because of the strong wi-fi signal), I hit the "OK" button and it asks for the passcode.  Why does it ask for the passcode for my neighbors wi-fi and not mine?  I just got to make it past this step to gain wifi access for my printer.

All my other wifi devices have connected to the new T-Mobile router...why can't my printer?

Thanks for any help that can be provided epayitonline

To do this, please follow the steps in the following Knowledgebase Article:

https://support.usa.canon.com/kb/index?page=content&id=ART173530

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Based on your description, can you please clarify the following.  Is your new router dual or tri-band?  Does it use the same SSID name for all broadcasts?  Does it support 802.11r?

Your printer has 2.4Ghz radio and thus, can only connect to a 2.4Ghz broadcast.  If you are using the same SSID name for all broadcasts. it might cause connection issues.  Try temporarily isolating the networks and see if the option to connect to the 2.4Ghz (only) works.    

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Announcements