cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Failed to install driver, MX922 Canon mp drivers has not been installed, on ARM Processor

zan986
Apprentice

Have the new Microsoft Surface Copilot+ (ARM Based Processor), attempted to install the latest Print Driver and Scan Utility Installer Ver.1.01 (Windows) from the canon support website for my Canon Pixma MX922. When I install it, the installation fails and gives me an error "MP Drivers has not been installed." Also attempted to to install in safe mode, but failed. The Surface Tablet detects the printer but states the driver failed to install. I copied the Canon Program Files from my other windows 11 laptop to the surface assuming the Canon Program Files would have the driver, but unfortunately it did not.

6 REPLIES 6

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings , 

Does your surface notebook have an ARM based processor.  

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.7.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Yes its a 64bit ARM based processor

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

https://support.usa.canon.com/kb/index?page=content&id=FAQ100604
Try this. It may install a Windows driver, similar to the Apple AirPrint driver. May not have all the functionality of the Canon driver.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, M200, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, Lr Classic

Unfortunatlly when I attempt to install the driver windows gives an error "driver is unavailable".

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Hi zan986,

Thank you for amending your post.

John has provided details in regards to ARM based processor support.   How you proceed is up to you.  ARM based processors are very power efficient, but do come with software and hardware limitations is some instances.

If your device is new, I suggest you look at all of the software and hardware you intend to use with it.  Ensure its supported.  If its not and you are within your return window, consider it.  The printer might be the beginning and lead to more compromise.  Many x86 based software is also not supported under ARM.  You'll have to decide.  

I'm not even sure Canon's DPP free editing software is supported under ARM:

Canon Knowledge Base - Digital Photo Professional 4.0 System Requirements

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.7.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

zan986
Apprentice

Im going to purchase the Canon imageCLASS MF654Cdw, hopefully the driver for it works with the surface.

click here to view the gallery
Announcements