cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot install PIXMA TR8620a series drivers - error box tells me I must be logged as administrator

Hutchinc
Apprentice

Company owned Dell 7420 laptop running Windows 10. Purchased TR8620a printer for home office and when trying to install TR8600 series drivers I get the following error:

Capture.JPG

Checked Windows User Info and setup as Administrator. Checked company ICT and setup as Administrator.

What am I missing?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

I suggest you check with your company IT folks. They may have restrictions on what can be added to company devices to protect their system. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, M200, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, Lr Classic

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

I suggest you check with your company IT folks. They may have restrictions on what can be added to company devices to protect their system. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, M200, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, Lr Classic

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

I agree with John,

How to check for local admin: You can check Computer Management > Users and Groups > Administrators.  If your user object is listed, you should have local admin on the device.  

Outside of this, group policy can also dictate the permissions a user has on a device, so checking with IT as John recommended is sound advice. 

Also note, that Corp VPN can affect your ability to use devices on your local LAN unless split tunnel or similar is configured/enabled.  This doesn't apply to installation.   

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.7.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

click here to view the gallery
Announcements