cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does anyone know how to get a CD rom for the drivers of a Canon MX920?

zacthewac
Apprentice

My old desktop isn't on the internet and I don't want to put it back on because I don't want to risk crashing certain essential irreplaceable programs, or crashing the entire computer.  Does anyone know how to get a CD rom to install the drivers for my Canon MX920?  Many thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi zacthewac,

The drivers for your PIXMA MX922 are available for download from the Support page of your printer.

You can download the driver here:

https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/support/details/printers/inkjet-multifunction/mx-s...

Once the driver is downloaded, you can use a USB flash drive (also known as a thumb drive) to move the file from the computer that you downloaded the drivers with to the older computer which you wish to install your PIXMA MX922.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi zacthewac,

The drivers for your PIXMA MX922 are available for download from the Support page of your printer.

You can download the driver here:

https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/support/details/printers/inkjet-multifunction/mx-s...

Once the driver is downloaded, you can use a USB flash drive (also known as a thumb drive) to move the file from the computer that you downloaded the drivers with to the older computer which you wish to install your PIXMA MX922.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Thank you.  As far as I can tell, only certain parts of the installation actually get downloaded onto my computer.  To actually do an installation, the computer I want to install on still needs to be on the internet.  Many thanks.

Actually, I guess I shouldn't assume the negative.  Downloading the drivers onto a flash disk and running them on my old desktop worked very well.  Many thanks for your assistance.

I spent hours trying to download a driver to my MX490 without success. Is a CD not available?

Announcements