cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disappointed because of PIXMA TR8622a setup in Chromebook

einfomail
Contributor

Hi,

I faced issue multiple times while printer setup in Chromebook of different modal no. and of different brand.

As printer manufacturers don’t offer printer drivers for Chromebook. That’s why a Chromebook doesn’t support full functionality of a printer.

For Advanced printer configurationManufacturer and Model No. are required.
Chromebook compatible printers are very less. That’s why mostly it’s required for adding a printer manually.

For adding a printer manually, AddressProtocol and Queue are required.

Printer is connected to the router successfully. Chromebook and the printer both are in same network. That’s why printer’s IP address is supposed as Address but it doesn’t accept.

Please let me know,

1. From where I can fine Address,
  2. What should be in Protocol for an end user and
  3. What will be Queue for an end user.

Please help me so that I can setup printer successfully with Chromebook.

With Regards
NndnG

7 REPLIES 7

Danny

Hi, NndnG!

So that the Community can help you better, we need to know exactly which Canon printer model you're using. That, and any other details you'd like to give will help the Community better understand your issue!

If this is a time-sensitive matter, click HERE search our knowledge base or find additional support options HERE.

Thanks and have a great day!

einfomail
Contributor

Hi,

Thank you for replying for the question I posted.

Canon PIXMA TR8622A is the recent case. 

Pls view here for setup process and assist me urgently, how to setup Canon PIXMA TR8622A with Chromebook?

With Regards

NndnG

Hi,

If you need assistance urgently, I recommend reaching out to Canon support for real time support with this issue. You will need to register your Canon gear HERE to access additional support options.

We look forward to hearing from you. 

Thank you for replying back. Currently the printer is not with me. 

I am unable to register it. In the last reply, I attached a link for images.

I request you, one the basis of link, please assist me.

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

We are happy to try and help.  If you need to post images, you can do so using the image link.  I am not going to click your link (nothing personal)

shadowsports_0-1684954127759.png

This is what Google has available from a support standpoint.

Set up your printer - Chromebook Help (google.com)

I suggest you review the information and try some of the recommended solutions when the printer and chrome book are available to you again.  It's unfortunate Google decided to discontinue cloud print support.  Your device is fully supported under Windows & some versions of MAC OS

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10

~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8 ~CarePaks Are Worth It

einfomail
Contributor

Hi,

Please go through below images.

Printer-Detected.pngPrinter-IP Address.pngPrinter-Setup1.pngPrinter-Setup2.pngPrinter-Setup3.pngPrinter-Setup4.png

einfomail
Contributor

Based on images, you can see, printer is connected with the router.

Moreover, you can see, the printer IP address is not accepting as Address.

Sincerely I request, let me know, how to setup the printer with Chromebook? 

Announcements