cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

D570 Constantly dropping wireless connection

skbvib
Apprentice

I've been trying to solve this problem...wow Canon, seems like a tremendously common issue! I'm using a mac & the printer is connected to my WiFi...I set it up and the 1st time it prints fine. Then...the printer becomes unavalble shortly thereafter.

I have to power it down, restart, and wait for the connection with each job I'm trying to print.  I've used the specific driver and I've also used Airprint -happens with both methods.

Anyone solve this?

Thx

2 REPLIES 2

DudShan
Apprentice

This was happening with both of my Canon printers.  One thing that helped a lot was to configure my home's router.  I assigned a persistent IP address to each printer.  Without this setting, the router did not always assign the same IP address. Hopefully your router is more sophisticated and does this automatically, but mine for some reason was not, even though it's a year 2020 model. This kind of configuration is beyond what most people understand or care to do, so I'm sorry if this doesn't make sense.  But it helped to resolve the issue for me.  Another thing which helped was to move the printer closer to the WiFi antenna.  Many printers, not just Canon's seem to give people these problems, and I wish Canon especially would work harder to improve our experience.

Hector
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello Skbvib,

The issue that you are describing could be caused by the driver that it used by the Mac or it could be caused by network communications issues. The feature that changes the addresses on your network is called DHCP and it could cause issues with the Mac finding the printer over the network. It would be the issue that DudShan is referring to and can be changed in the settings for your specific router.

We would be happy to assist further with the issue. To provide some feedback or some troubleshooting steps, we would need some additional information. If you could reply to this message with the information below, we can provide some assistance. For a more immediate resolution, feel free to contact our support team at 1-800-652-2666. Our agents would be happy to help.

• What version of the Mac OS are you using on your computer?
  • When it does not print, what specific message do you get on the computer?
Announcements