cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Correct Install of Printer Driver for Pro-200 and MAC Computer

mckinney3
Apprentice

I am "getting up to speed" on a Canon Pixma Pro-200 Printer.  I see articles that suggest that the correct printer driver may not actually be running when installing to a MAC running os 13.4 (Ventura). Maybe AirPrint is installed instead.

I suspect this as:
1.  The Canon Pro-200 dialog from the MAC preferences tab only offers General and Supply Levels in the dialog and I see no UTILITY option.
2. Under KIND, I read  Canon PRO-200 series - AirPrint

Without the Utility tab, there are printer set up options and changes that I am unable to make.
I found a Canon document that references this issue but when I follow the instruction for installing the proper driver , I am unsuccessful and see the same info as I reported earlier.

What should I do to properly install the correct print drive and be able to run Canon IJ Printer Utility2?

5 REPLIES 5

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Welcome to the forum.

1. download and install the appropriate driver for your operating system from this site: Canon Support for PIXMA PRO-200 | Canon U.S.A., Inc.

2. In System Settings->Printers & Scanners select the option to add a printer and wait for the Canon printer driver to appear. It could take several minutes. Generally the first driver to appear is the Apple AirPrint Driver.

3. After the Canon driver appears delete the printer version that is AirPrint.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, M200, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, Lr Classic

Question is about print drivers and PhotoShop Settings.

I run 2 Macs iMac _ Ventura  and Air book _Sonoma

Canon Pro 200, I print wirelessly.  I have been using AirPrint.  In the printer Setup dialogue _ P.S. Manages Colors, In Printer Profile _ I use Red River icc for the type of paper.

I installed the Canon V.26 software as a second driver for the Pro 200.  Question when using v.26?

Do you use PS to manage Color or the Canon Printer?  Do you use a Paper Profile or Printer profile

Does Ventura or Sonoma make any difference?

I have a Pro-100, but that shouldn't matter.

1. I never use the AirPrint driver. I always use the Canon IJ Series driver.

2. Print via WiFi from my MacBook Air and via cable from my Windows PC. My wife prints via WiFi from an iMac.

3. MacBook Air is running Sonoma. Wife's iMac running Monterey.

4. No problems from printing from any of the machines.

5.I use Lightroom, not Ps.

6. Since I use canon papers and third-party papers, I standardize my printing process. I always have LrC manage color and select the ICC profile and media type, even when using Canon papers.

Screenshot 2024-02-06 095600.jpg

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, M200, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, Lr Classic

Thanks for rsvp.

I'm testing a few variables within v26 driver.  Will post if I see appreciable difference between settings.

mckinney3
Apprentice

Thank you very much.  This helped me.  A must is to use the proper driver and not select to soon which will be the AirPrint driver which will be incorrect.  
Red River Paper provided this link which provides a detailed guide!

https://www.redrivercatalog.com/infocenter/how-to-fix-missing-paper-media-type-selection-osx.html

click here to view the gallery
Announcements