I am "getting up to speed" on a Canon Pixma Pro-200 Printer. I see articles that suggest that the correct printer driver may not actually be running when installing to a MAC running os 13.4 (Ventura). Maybe AirPrint is installed instead.
I suspect this as:
1. The Canon Pro-200 dialog from the MAC preferences tab only offers General and Supply Levels in the dialog and I see no UTILITY option.
2. Under KIND, I read Canon PRO-200 series - AirPrint
Without the Utility tab, there are printer set up options and changes that I am unable to make.
I found a Canon document that references this issue but when I follow the instruction for installing the proper driver , I am unsuccessful and see the same info as I reported earlier.
What should I do to properly install the correct print drive and be able to run Canon IJ Printer Utility2?
Welcome to the forum.
1. download and install the appropriate driver for your operating system from this site: Canon Support for PIXMA PRO-200 | Canon U.S.A., Inc.
2. In System Settings->Printers & Scanners select the option to add a printer and wait for the Canon printer driver to appear. It could take several minutes. Generally the first driver to appear is the Apple AirPrint Driver.
3. After the Canon driver appears delete the printer version that is AirPrint.
Thank you very much. This helped me. A must is to use the proper driver and not select to soon which will be the AirPrint driver which will be incorrect.
Red River Paper provided this link which provides a detailed guide!
12/05/2023: New firmware updates are available.
09/26/2023: New firmware updates are available.
08/18/2023: Canon EOS R5 C training series is released.
07/31/2023: New firmware updates are available.
05/18/2023: New firmware updates are available.
03/30/2023: New firmware updates are available.