cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connecting PIXMA MX922 to T-Mobile SAGEMCOM Fast 5688W

Commodude
Apprentice

I recently changed internet providers to T-Mobile's Cellular home service.  I have been able to connect all the devices I have tried so far, but either my PIXAM MX922 doesn't want to connect or the gateway doesn't want it to connect.

The printer was previously connected to a gateway with a WPS button, but the new one does not.  The printer identifies the new Wi-Fi network but wants the WPS button to be pressed.  The very limited manual with the gateway default is WPA2/WPA3.  It can be changed to WPA/WPA2 or just WPA2. 

When I attempt the setup process, I am unable to get the "passphrase" entry screen to come up.  When I attempt to re-connect to the old gateway, without pressing the WPS button, the passphrase screen does come up.

T-mobile information hints that the mobile phone app for the gateway may be able to facilitate connections.  However, the app on my phone will not let me access the devices on the network.  (T-Mobile is working to fix that issue.)

In the meantime, I believe if I could get the passphrase screen to open, I could connect my printer. 

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Commodude

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi ArthurJ,

Thank you for responding to my issue.

The T-Mobile Gateway has the ability to set up additional networks. 2.4 GHz/5 GHz Automatic is the default. You can set up additional networks on 2.4 GHZ only or 5 GHz only.

The WPA options are WPA2/WPA3 automatic or WPA2 only or WPA/WPA2 automatic.

The Encryption mode is TKIP & AES.

With help from T-Mobile Internet support, I set up a network on 2.4 GHz with WPA/WPA2, but had the same issue with being unable to make a connection automatically or being able to have the "Passphrase" screen open up.

I have been able to create a less-than-ideal workaround by setting up a hotspot on my PC.  The printer connected easily and opened the "Passphrase" screen.  The downside is that no one else can connect to the printer unless they connect to the hotspot on my PC.

Do you think that if I created a network on 2.4 GHz with WPA2 only the printer would open the Passphrase window to enter a password?

Thanks for your assistance,

Commodude

After I asked the question about setting up the network as 2.4 GHz with WPS2 only, I tried that and it worked like a charm!! 

Thanks for your help,

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

ArthurJ
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi,

If the TMobile device they gave you is running WPA3, then you wont be able to connect the printer or get to the password screen during Standard Setup. 

I recommend reaching out to TMobile and have them change their device settings to WPA2 and then try using the standard setup to connect the printer. At this point your network will appear and you will be able to enter your password and connect the printer. 

Once the printer is connected to your network, you have set the TMobile device back to WPA3. 

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Hi ArthurJ,

Thank you for responding to my issue.

The T-Mobile Gateway has the ability to set up additional networks. 2.4 GHz/5 GHz Automatic is the default. You can set up additional networks on 2.4 GHZ only or 5 GHz only.

The WPA options are WPA2/WPA3 automatic or WPA2 only or WPA/WPA2 automatic.

The Encryption mode is TKIP & AES.

With help from T-Mobile Internet support, I set up a network on 2.4 GHz with WPA/WPA2, but had the same issue with being unable to make a connection automatically or being able to have the "Passphrase" screen open up.

I have been able to create a less-than-ideal workaround by setting up a hotspot on my PC.  The printer connected easily and opened the "Passphrase" screen.  The downside is that no one else can connect to the printer unless they connect to the hotspot on my PC.

Do you think that if I created a network on 2.4 GHz with WPA2 only the printer would open the Passphrase window to enter a password?

Thanks for your assistance,

Commodude

After I asked the question about setting up the network as 2.4 GHz with WPS2 only, I tried that and it worked like a charm!! 

Thanks for your help,

click here to view the gallery
Announcements