cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

pixma mg2522 laptop cannot find printer. drivers will not download because cant find printer

random9185
Apprentice

I bought a new windows laptop (HP) with windows 11 with S mode. i bought a new mg2522 printer and downloaded the software online.  When i try to install the drivers, it searches for about 2 minutes and says cannot find the printer, please make sure the printer cable is connected and the power is on.  Both are true, but it cant find the printer. What do i do now? I opted out of S mode so i could download the drivers.

1 REPLY 1

ArthurJ
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi,

If the setup detects the printer and then switches to not detected, it will usually mean that the computer is not reading the device properly. In this situation, you can go in to devicemanager and then you can try right clicking and uninstalling any connections for the printer.

While the printer is connected and turned on, press the Windows key and the letter R key at the same time on your keyboard. In the run box that appears, you can type in "devicemgmt.msc" and click OK. In device manager, check for any headings for other devices. If you see other devices, you can click the arrow next to and then you can right click and uninstall any connections for the MG2500. You can also check under Universal Serial Bus controllers and then you can right click and uninstall any connections for USB printing support or the MG2500.

Once those have been unsintalled, you can disconnect the printer. You can download and reinstall the Print Driver and Scan Utility Installer Ver.1.02 from the link HERE and then you can reconnect the printer once the setup asks to connect the printer.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

click here to view the gallery
Announcements