cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon TS3122 how to connect to Gateway router, not WSP

elhprint
Apprentice

I recently changed internet providers and am now using a 5G gateway, I am unable to get the printer to connect to this WiFi, I also tried using a USB printer cable from the printer to the laptop and still unable to print. I downloaded the app to install and still unable. Any ideas?

3 REPLIES 3

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

The printer is only capable of connecting to a 2.4Ghz broadcast.  5Ghz is not supported,  

If your router or AP is truly 5Ghz only, you will not be able to use wireless or the App for printing.

This leaves USB.  A proper printer cable is required.  Connection should be directly to an available USB port on your PC or MAC.  Using adapters, or hubs is not recommended. 

Software for your printer can be found here:

Canon Support for PIXMA TS3322 | Canon U.S.A., Inc.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

I tried a USB printer cable and the printer is still not printing. Is there something I need to do on the printer for it to recognize the cable or something I need to do on the laptop settings to recognize the USB cable?

Thanks 

That means, there is no solution ? Asking Canon, why are they selling these printers ? Canon should take it back.

Announcements