cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon MG2522 Software

drummer25miguel
Apprentice

I downloaded the latest version of the driver for my MacBook 12.0 but it won't appear in my Mac after installation. I'm trying to add the printer to my list but there is no Driver that matches my "Canon MG2522 series". I tried downloading all programs and none work. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi drummer25miguel,

Please make sure that you are downloading the correct driver for your PIXMA MG2522 for use with your Mac.  Please disconnect the USB cable and then follow these steps:

1. Please use the following link:

https://www.usa.canon.com/support/p/pixma-mg2522

2. Click Downloads at the top.

3. Click on Software & Downloads.

4. Click the Download button to the right of "MG2522/MG2525 CUPS Printer Driver Ver.16.40.1.0 (Mac)".

5. Once the download is complete, double click "mcpd-mac-mg2500-16_40_1_0-ea21_3.dmg" to begin the installation of the driver.

When the installation completes, please follow these steps:

1.  Click on the Apple in the upper left corner.

2.  Click on System Preferences.

3.  Click on Printers & Scanners.

4.  Click the [+] in the lower left corner of the Printers window.

5.  When the Add Printer window appears, please reconnect the USB cable and turn your PIXMA MG2522 on.

6.  Select the Canon MG2500 series and click the Add button.

Your PIXMA MG2522 will be installed.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi drummer25miguel,

Please make sure that you are downloading the correct driver for your PIXMA MG2522 for use with your Mac.  Please disconnect the USB cable and then follow these steps:

1. Please use the following link:

https://www.usa.canon.com/support/p/pixma-mg2522

2. Click Downloads at the top.

3. Click on Software & Downloads.

4. Click the Download button to the right of "MG2522/MG2525 CUPS Printer Driver Ver.16.40.1.0 (Mac)".

5. Once the download is complete, double click "mcpd-mac-mg2500-16_40_1_0-ea21_3.dmg" to begin the installation of the driver.

When the installation completes, please follow these steps:

1.  Click on the Apple in the upper left corner.

2.  Click on System Preferences.

3.  Click on Printers & Scanners.

4.  Click the [+] in the lower left corner of the Printers window.

5.  When the Add Printer window appears, please reconnect the USB cable and turn your PIXMA MG2522 on.

6.  Select the Canon MG2500 series and click the Add button.

Your PIXMA MG2522 will be installed.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

magdots_
Apprentice

I HAVE BEEN TRYING TO FIGURE IT OUT FOR LIKE AN HOUR AND THIS DRIVER AND STEPS FINALLY WORKED THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements