cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon LBP6230dw drops out of ready status on MacOS 12.3.1 (wireless)

cohland
Contributor

After change to MacOS 12.3.1, I have noticed that my Canon LBP6230dw (wireless) laser printer drops out of ready status after being power-cycled.  The only way I have found to get it back to ready status for a few minutes is to power cycle the printer.  Latest driver and software from Canon are installed.

The Mac has been power-cycled and rebooted, this had no effect on the problem.

2 REPLIES 2

Hector
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello Cohland,

If you are using the printer over the network and you lose your connection after power cycling the printer, you can try manually setting the printer's ip address using the steps in the link HERE. If that does not resolve the issue, you can try moving the printer so it has a better wireless connection to your router. If you continue to lose connection, I would suggest contacting support at 1-800-652-2666. Our agents would be happy to assist.

I followed your instructions carefully, no change was indicated.  I tried pushing the reset button on the back of the printer, no change was indicated.

It still doesn't work correctly, and I believe this started with the upgrade to Mac OS Monterey 12.3.1

Chris

Announcements