cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't update network password

mazzoladm
Contributor

I updated my router and kept the same network name but changed the passwords. My Canon TS8120 can find the network via manual connect but there's no way to update the password so that the printer authenticates. I tried resetting the settings on the printer and using WPS to connect and the router did recognize the printer on the network, but the printer will still not connect. I think the issue is the password - how do I get to a screen on the printer that enables me to update it for the new router network?

3 REPLIES 3

ArthurJ
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi,

Please click HERE for the manual connect steps. This method will allow you to manually enter your password after selecting your wifi on the printer. 

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Hi,

I am still stuck. I get as far as the printer detects my wireless network, but then I get the error, failed to connect to the wireless router. The troubleshooting tips led me down a path where I'm thinking that the issue might be related to my security protocol, which is now WPA2/WPA-3-Personal, which is not one of the options listed. Could this be what is blocking me from connecting?

Hi mazzoladm,

Real time feedback would be very beneficial in this case.  Please contact one of Canon's Technical Support Representatives via phone or chat. To contact a Technical Support Representative, please use the link below:

https://mycanon.usa.canon.com

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements