cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot get my Canon MF741 cdw printer back online

Cdost
Apprentice

I have lost connectivity of to my mf 741 cdw printer. I have a MacBook Air running Mac OS Monterey 12.5.1. The printer works fine and then all of the sudden goes offline. I have fixed it on the past by reloading the printer driver but that no longer works 

I have done all the suggested fixes. Both devices are within the range of the printer and attached to the (same) network.  I have restarted both devices. This is getting to be more than just a nuisance as it happens every couple of weeks. Now that a reload of the drivers does not work I have very nice looking and expensive paper weight. Please can someone tell me the Fix. I keep getting sent to message boards and told this should do the trick but nothing works. The printer is only a few months old. At least can someone provide me a phone # that I can talk to someone at Canon, a real person, not a bot, that can help here. 

thank you

1 REPLY 1

Hector
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello Cdost,

If the printer is on the network and your Mac keeps losing the connection, you can try setting a manual IP address on the printer using the steps found in the link HERE. The printer is set to DHCP and if the router changes the address on the network, the Mac can lose connection. If you continue to have issues, I would suggest contacting support at 1-800-652-2666. Our agents would be happy to help.

Announcements