cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't install updated drivers for the MB2720 on WIN 11 and 10 same error messages

wizofpr
Apprentice

Every time, I try to update my drivers, it gives me the same message. On my desktop using WIN 10 and my laptop using WIN 11. What it can be done to rectify this error? I'm running the software as is, no changes on my side.

cannon error 01.jpgcannon error 02.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Stephen

Hey there! I'm not a tech, but I've seen this before. Your browser (likely Edge) has put the file in a temporary folder with a crazy-long name. The software has to uncompress itself, which then causes the whole thing to get even longer—to the point that Windows can't read the file anymore.

The easiest way to resolve it is when you download the file. In your browser, rather than OPEN the file, hit the little folder icon (or whatever option) so you can navigate to the place where the file was downloaded. From there, move the newly downloaded file to your desktop or even your Windows downloads folder. Once you've done that, double-tap the file and try it again—it should install just fine! 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Stephen

Hey there! I'm not a tech, but I've seen this before. Your browser (likely Edge) has put the file in a temporary folder with a crazy-long name. The software has to uncompress itself, which then causes the whole thing to get even longer—to the point that Windows can't read the file anymore.

The easiest way to resolve it is when you download the file. In your browser, rather than OPEN the file, hit the little folder icon (or whatever option) so you can navigate to the place where the file was downloaded. From there, move the newly downloaded file to your desktop or even your Windows downloads folder. Once you've done that, double-tap the file and try it again—it should install just fine! 

Thanks I will give a try again.

click here to view the gallery
Announcements