cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't connect Canon Printer TR4500 to WIFI

HelpMePlease
Contributor

I've posted for answers as to why my canon printer will not prompt for a password. I can print out the internal information from the printer which is 2 pages long, has a password, and everything I need. Except how to get it to ask for the password. I have a private network in my home and this issue has been repeated by many on this forum. Still, no solutions. One solution was to reset some info in the router itself. I do not know how to access the router and it also is under the control of the landlord anyway. I can print, sometimes, from my android phone from my Gdrive. But not always. The printer is basically useless. I can make photocopies. That's it. Canon has been my go to for years now. I have a chromebook and it will not print from that either. Even if somehow I get the printer online, and my chromebook sees the wifi connection, it still won't connect to it and print. Needs the **bleep** password, which the printer does not prompt for. So frustrating.

5 REPLIES 5

lrkuta
Contributor

I currently have this same problem.  The solution I found on this site states that printer does not prompt for a password because of a wifi property called 802.11r.  You need to disable 802.11r in your gateway.  802.11r allows rapid transistion from one hot spot to another but causes problems for older printers. In my case I do not have access to these properties so I am working with tmobile home internet to see if they can disable it for me.  I think you could use Powershell to disable it but for me since I do not know Powershell at all it is to much risk to try.  How old is your printer?

Thanks for the input. My printer is new. I'm starting to wonder why it was on sale for a good price. Maybe because this model is useless. I'm not a techie and don't want to start changing settings on my router or internet to use the printer in case I can't get back my old settings. Same as you.

This what I was going to try b4 I gave up on Tmobile home internet.  Install a wifi repeater on your network. Then sign into the repeater with your printer. May or may not work but worth a try.  Get a $20 repeater from Amazon or Best Buy and then return if it doesn't work.

Oh that's slick! I will check that out. Let me know how your's turns out!

Talal
Apprentice

I have Vodafone Router tg3442DE, Canon TR4500 every time I turn off the printer and turn on it again I lose the Wi-Fi network.
My solution was
login to the router into the browser. , in my case 192.168.0.1 using admin and the password, I changed to Expert mode
In the red bar below in WLAN heading, there is settings tab:
I changed the parameters for the WLAN frequencies 5 GHz to Mixed 802.11n/ac instate of 802.11n.

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements