cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CANON TR7520 - Changed router now I cannot change password on printer (does not connect)

papirico
Apprentice

Hi, 

I just changed my home router and now the printer does not want to connect. It can see the SSID, when selected throws an error message "Failed to Connect" but it never asked me for the password. 

My router does not have WPS (as far I can tell). 

Thanks, 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Re-run the set up / installation software.  This is required to change the wireless SSID or password.

Canon Support for PIXMA TR7520 | Canon U.S.A., Inc.

These steps are for a different model, but are identical for the 7520.

Canon Knowledge Base - Wi-Fi Set Up With Windows - PIXMA TS9020 Printer

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.7.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Re-run the set up / installation software.  This is required to change the wireless SSID or password.

Canon Support for PIXMA TR7520 | Canon U.S.A., Inc.

These steps are for a different model, but are identical for the 7520.

Canon Knowledge Base - Wi-Fi Set Up With Windows - PIXMA TS9020 Printer

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.7.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Hey Shadowsports, 

Thank you so much, using the Setup app from the laptop fixed the problem. 

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Cheers,

Glad it helped.  😀

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~CarePaks Are Worth It

fearlessman
Apprentice

This drove me crazy on my TR7520 until I did this. Set up LAN settings - use manual setting, and when the wireless network shows up, go to enter it manually even though your network shows up in the list. In other words, DON'T click on your network name, type it in manually. Only then did the setup procedure allow me to enter a passphrase. Until that, it simply went to "connecting to network" without allowing me to enter a passphrase. After that, everything was straightforward. Hope this helps.

click here to view the gallery
Announcements