cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

error message Code:9,244,3

JIS
Apprentice

I cannot scan since downloading Windows 10.  It says: You don't have the required privileges to access the specified folder Code 9,244,3

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

ozexpat
Apprentice
I have found a solution to this, i think. In your scanner settings, change the destination folder of your scans - where they are being scanned to & where you save them to. I t has worked for me. I hope it works for you. Please respond if it does. from ozexpat

View solution in original post

52 REPLIES 52

Reposting with better spacing for readability...... This is a Windows 10 problem. This Canon Error Code 9,244,3 (when trying to scan a document) stared after I installed Win 10 Feature Update 1803. I tried everything suggested in this thread, plus a few other things, to no avail. I stumbled across the solution by clicking on the Windows message itself in the Notifications bar on the right side of the screen. Doing that presented me with a settings screen entitled (in tiny letters) Windows Defender Security Center. Under that it said Allow an App through Controlled Folder Access. Click the + sign to Add an Allowed App and up pops a mini file explorer. Browse to your Program Files folder(s) and select the executable (.exe) – in this case SCANUTILITY.exe. My Canon scanner (MX922) works fine now. As an alternative, open Windows settings, search for Controlled Folder Access to access the Add App panel to turn off the Controlled Folder feature entirely.

I tried all the solutions previously mentionned in this post and none works. Install with Admin privilege, turn off controlled Folder entirely, Add an application the access rights on the folders, change folder... And always the same message. Any Fix ? Any new idea ?

Johnny6
Apprentice

Hello,

I fixed that problem by changing user rights on profile folder.

I use a french Windows so I'm not sure about english terms.

Canon scan tool couldn't access to "documents" folder so it couldn't create scanned files.

I just added my own account in the security list and gaved it full access.

For security reasons, I just modified "documents" folder (instead of profile folder) that is the default folder used by my scan tool.

So right click on "documents" folder => Properties => Security => Modify => Add => Advanced => Search => Double Click on your own account => Ok => check Full access => Ok

Announcements