cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixma TS6220 error code 1500

Ksefan125
Apprentice
Paper is getting stuck on foam under ink cartridges. it will not stay put! Is this piece essential? Will stray ink flow if is removed?
2 REPLIES 2

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

I don't see an error code 1500.

https://ugp01.c-ij.com/ij/webmanual/ErrorCode/TS6200%20series/EN/ERR/err_contents0100.html

So I am not sure what the actual problem is.  Foam?  Typiclly this is an ink pad that keeps the print head clean.  Depending on the model it could be a black strip of foram, or a pad type of material.  It shouldn't be loose or moving around.  If its dirty, it can often be removed and cleaned.  Care needs to be taken and it should be allowed to dry completely before it is re-installed.   

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Hector
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi Ksefan125,

I would be able to assist with your TS6220. To assist further, I would need some additional information. If you could reply to the message with the information below, we will be able to provide troubleshooting steps.

1. Is the error 1500 or is it 5100?
  2. Did the foam come out of the printer or did it rip?

The foam is part of the waste ink absorber system and catches ink in the printer. If the foam is catching on the paper it would usually mean the printer needs service.

The printer has a 1-year warranty and you can click the link HERE to create a Canon account to see what service options you have.

Outside of the 1-year warranty, you can contact our sales department at 1-800-652-2666 to use our Upgrade Program. The Upgrade program will give you a discount and free shipping on a replacement printer.

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements