Canon Community Canon Community

Highlighted
New Contributor

Pixma MG2522 won't connect to my computer

I tried the CD-Rom to add driver, it says 'printer detected' then switches to 'printer not detected'. I tried downloading updated drivers, it did the same thing. I tried restarting my computer and starting the installation over, it didn't work either. Same error. I've always used hp printers before, I'm thinking about taking this thing back and getting another hp. Is there anything else I could try?

I'm running Windows 10, and the printer is connected, not wireless.

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Pixma MG2522 won't connect to my computer

@tg68291 wrote:

I'm running Windows 10, and the printer is connected, not wireless.

Assuming this means USB? 

These are the latest drivers (installer) for your device.  Supports 32/64bit MG2522

With USB devices, the general rule is you run the installer prior to connecting the device, or wait to be prompted for connection before plugging it in.  Doing this before or out of sequence can cause issues.

The printer should be connected directly to a USB 2.0/3.0 port on a laptop or back of your desktop.  Using a hub powered or unpowered is not recommended. 

If you have any failed installation attempts (in Programs and Features) or existing printer instances (Control Panel > Device and Printers) these should be uninstalled and/or removed before attempting installtion again.

The user profile you are installing under should have administrator privledges.  3rd party anti-virus software could/might interfere with installation, so be mindful of this.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA
~6D2 ~Many Lenses ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~Windows10 Pro ~EVGA RTX 2080 FTW3 Ultra ~Pixma Pro-100