cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue Scanning With My Canon PIXMA MG2220 Printer.

rgcun
Apprentice

Hi.

I've been unable to continually scan objects using my Canon PIXMA MG2220 Printer and I notice that in the display area there is a blinking O or half 8 symbol / sign and I'm not sure what that means (I took a picture of the sign, see the image below ).

I'll try to scan something a number of times using my printer but it only scans like 1 out of every 3-4 times. It sounds like something inside the PIXMA MG2220 Printer is moving when I click scan and the printer does not scan.

I also notice there is an orange light on that is next to the "Black Ink" status indicator, but I'm not sure if that has anything to do with the printer not scanning every time.

This issue makes scanning items unneccessarily slow, especially if I have alot of items to scan, which I currently do.

I would appreciate help with resolving this issue.

IMG_20210301_182920.jpg

3 REPLIES 3

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

You're issue appears to be indicative of a more serious problem.  See this:

Canon Knowledge Base - Orange Light Lit or Flashing on a PIXMA MG2220

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Hi, shadowports.

If by orange light, you mean the image here:

LED image with the Power button, flashing Alarm lamp, and number representing an error code

No, the orange light that I refer to is next to the "Black Ink" Status Indicator, not located in the Display area as shown in the above image.

Can you not view the image of the picture I took of my Printer?

Danny

Thanks for being active in our community! We're happy to share that it's possible to scan with an empty ink tank or cartridge. To start scanning, follow the instructions at this link.

Announcements