Canon Community Canon Community

khv
New Contributor

Error code 2,156,50, Scanner no longer scans, yet previews fine. saves as bmp 54 kb

[ Edited ]

My scanner was working fine until a week ago. Canon MX410, it began to give me the error code listed above. As mentioned, it can ocassionally preview an image perfectly, but wont save the file. Or it will, but as a blank 54kb BMP, which I assume is a bitmap. theUSB is connected, and printer settings have also been reset after it began. Anyone know how to fix this? I use Windows 7 Ultimate, and the problem began within the last month. (all other searches either don't give me anything, or the error code for other systems/devices)

Product Expert

Re: Error code 2,156,50, Scanner no longer scans, yet previews fine. saves as bmp 54 kb

Hello.

This error may be related to a USB communication issue of some sort.  

Make sure that the USB cable is being connected directly to your computer rather than through any USB hubs or extension devices.  Also, make sure that the cable is not longer than five or six feet.

If the error persists, troubleshooting with our support group will be needed to narrow down the cause of your issue. Please contact our support group using the "Contact Us" link below for additional assistance.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
New Contributor

Error code 2,156,50, Scanner no longer scans

Canon MG7760 error  code 2,156,50

Control panel states 'Printer Ready' but unit won't scan.

Any ideas?

Product Expert

Re: Error code 2,156,50, Scanner no longer scans

Hi arkaye,

The MG7760 is neither sold nor supported in the U.S.A.  You've reached support for Canon U.S.A. If you require support outside the U.S., I recommend contacting the branch of Canon for your region. You may find the correct website using the map on the Canon Global website: http://global.canon/en/support/