cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon MX700 printer skips lines when using black ink

sweeneymary
Apprentice

I have a Canon MX700 connected wirelessly to a Windows 10 Toshiba laptop. It skips lines when I print with black ink. This happens regardless of whether I am printing something from the web, a document on my computer or making copies. If I change the color of the font or change to color copying, everything is fine. I have sufficient black ink. I removed the cartridge and shook it up. Nothing remedies this. If it's the cartridge that is the issue, okay, I will have to part with it. Any ideas anybody? I am attaching an image of a printout that I did in fast grayscale. The issue is the skipping.Canon.jpg

17 REPLIES 17

neicko22
Apprentice

YOUR WELCOME

neicko22
Apprentice

MY PRINTER IS DOING THE SAMETHING. I HAVE A PIXMA MG2410 AND I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW HOW TO FIX IT. I HAVE DONE DEEP CLEANING ALREADY 

URGENTLY NEED SOME HELP

Hi Neicko22

Let's clean the encoder film to resolve the issue you have described.  Click HERE for instructions.

If you continue to have difficulties, please contact our support group using the following link:

http://Canon.us/ContactLI

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

brianm1978
Apprentice

I have the same problem as sweeneymary. Has anyone figured how to fix Canon MX700 printer that skips lines in color Black only? I've tryed all the cleaning suggestions and a new cartridge. 

I have precisley the same issue, has anyone be advised of the solution yet please?

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi PV,

It is recommended that you contact one of Canon's Technical Support Representatives. To contact a Technical Support Representative, please use the link below:

http://Canon.us/ContactLI

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

jessmw30
Contributor

work around from another user while we wait for solution:

HERE'S A WORK-AROUND:

Check your printer's paper settings. Switch setting to Photo Paper (even if you're using plain paper) , select MATTE Photo paper, save the settings. Now try printing again. In my case, my blurry print became razor-sharp with this setting on my Canon MG7520. You're using more ink, but worth it if your printing an important document or shipping label.

randt01
Apprentice

I am having this EXACT issue with BOTH my MX700 and TS6020 models (in fact, we purchased the TS6020 because we couldn't find a solution!)  The problem does not happen right away but then suddenly appears and won't go away.  Our TS6020 is only 4 months old!  We've done all the same cleaning procedures and even changed ink cartridges, all to no avail.  We have used multiple laptops, multiple browsers, multiple applications, multiple versions of Windows so the only common denominator left is a Canon product. 

The workaround we are using is to choose "photo printing" from our print dialog box, similar to the other poster who suggested changing the paper type.  The printer behaves differently and slowly draws the print head across the page for photo printing, which likely is using more ink, but seems to print fine, though it is also slower.  This workaround worked on our MX700 for a while and then it stopped working too.  My guess is that it will stop on our TS6020 as well.

We called Canon customer support and were advised to spend yet more money on additional Canon toner cartridges (which cost 95% of the price of a new printer, mind you).  HIGHLY dissatisfied and I'm starting to think this is just part of the aforementioned toner scam.  What a waste of money and I will NOT purchase another Canon printer.  I guess they should stick to cameras!

Announcements