cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ailignment Problem with Canon MG 3100

Some1KJ
Apprentice

Have a Canon MG3100 Printer, Using Windows 7, Connected via Wifi.

Replaced the ink cartridges, Printer did not perform alignment or print sample page. As a result, when attempted to print a document, the print was misaligned, how does one correct this?

7 REPLIES 7

Karl1
Rising Star

Hi Some1KJ,

Please use the following steps to manually align the print head:

1. Make sure that the power is turned on.

2. Load a sheet of A4 or Letter-sized plain paper in the front tray.

3. Open the output tray extension, open the paper output tray, then extend the paper output support.

4. Print the print head alignment sheet.

(1) Press the  (Maintenance) button repeatedly until u (lowercase "u") is displayed.

figure:LED

(2) Press the Color or Black button.

The print head alignment sheet will be printed.

Important

Do not touch any printed part on the print head alignment sheet.

Be careful not to get the print head alignment sheet dirty. If the sheet is stained or wrinkled, it may not be scanned properly.

Scan the print head alignment sheet to adjust the print head position.

(1) Load the print head alignment sheet on the platen glass.

Load the print head alignment sheet WITH THE PRINTED SIDE FACING DOWN and align the mark  on the upper left corner of the sheet with the alignment mark.

(2) Close the document cover gently, make sure that U (uppercase "U") is displayed on the LED (Light Emitting Diode), then press the Color or Black button.

figure:LED

The machine starts scanning the print head alignment sheet, and the print head position will be adjusted automatically.

When adjusting the print head position is complete, the LED returns to the copy standby mode. Remove the print head alignment sheet on the platen glass.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I have tried these steps a few times but the printing is still out alignment.  Any suggestions?

Hi talyard,

If perfoming an automatic print head alignment did not resolve the issue, we recommend performing a manual print head alignment.  To do this, please follow the steps located at the link below applicable to your operating system:

Performing a Manual Print Head Alignment on a Windows computer

Hope this helps!

This didn't answer your question or issue? Find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Screen Shot 2014-07-31 at 12.19.58 PM.png

Nice link ! Thanks Cannon

I have tried both non-manually and manually fixing the alignment issue. Anything I print still appears slightly blurred.

When performing the manual alignment, the colomns "F" and "K"  are off. 

"F" appears as though each new pass is misaligned. This gives the edges a lego-like look.

"K" has the outer most streak more widely distributed, it appears like this: I IIIIIII I 

Any help or suggestions would be AMAZING. 

Didnt work for me either, throwing in the trash. Get what you pay for, will not buy any cannon products.....

the suggestions on the manual DO NOT work...what can i do?

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements